The Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI)
The Nurse in Washington Internship (NIWI) is an intense learning experience for nurses interested in becoming more involved in the legislative and regulatory aspects of healthcare. The 2016 NIWI program will take place March 6-8 in Washington, D.C. The 3-day program aims to:
- Describe how nurses can be involved and influence policy at the local and national level.
- Discuss how to work effectively with legislative staff to advance policy agendas.
- Describe key steps to effect change in the legislative process.
- Identify techniques to advance legislative issues at the grassroots level.
- Identify legislative, political, and economic forces driving healthcare policy and delivery changes today.
- Learn to schedule Capitol Hill meetings.
For more information about the NIWI program, click here.
The deadline to apply for a NIWI scholarship is Friday, November 20. To apply online for the 2016 program, click here.